Do you struggle with acne that’s persistent enough to get on your nerves, but not quite bad enough for your insurance to cover dermatology services for you? Are you looking for a simple, non-invasive way to achieve clearer, brighter skin? If so, microneedling is the solution for you!
At Preveda Health & Aesthetics, we help people from all over Asheville look and feel their best by providing a range of esthetics and skin care services, each specifically selected for the individual needs of each client. In today’s blog, we’ll be giving you a brief look at one of our most popular skincare services, microneedling! Keep reading to learn how this simple, effective treatment can help you enjoy healthier skin.
How Microneedling Works
There are a variety of types of microneedling treatments, but in general, microneedling is a dermaroller-based procedure in which small needles are used to gently prick the skin, activating your skin’s natural healing properties and encouraging the growth of new collagen without significantly damaging your skin. Microneedling procedures are mainly used on the face, but can be used anywhere on the body, within reason — some other popular treatment areas of the body for microneedling include the chest, stomach, and buttocks.
How It Helps Your Skin
Microneedling’s most immediate benefit is that it provides your body a boost in its production of collagen — the protein your body uses to produce smoother, clearer, more youthful skin. This benefit makes microneedling useful for treating wrinkles, large pores, uneven skin tone, and many types of scarring, including acne scars.
Important Things To Know About Microneedling
- Microneedling treatments are minimally invasive — no downtime required!
- You can expect to experience minor redness and irritation for a few days after a microneedling treatment — keep the treated area out of the sun to be safe!
- Microneedling is not covered by insurance, in most cases
- If you use acne medication, call Preveda first — microneedling isn’t safe if you use certain kinds of acne medication, or if you’re pregnant
Types Of Facial Treatments We Offer At Preveda
- DiamondTome® — This microdermabrasion treatment uses a special wand to glide over your skin and clear away dead skin, dirt, and debris, revealing smoother and clearer skin underneath. The best part about DiamondTome is that the treatment only takes about half an hour, and you see visible results right away!
- SkinPen® — This top-notch microneedling device is the first to ever be approved by the FDA to safely treat facial acne scars and improve skin texture!
- AquaGold® Fine Touch — This revolutionary facial treatment combines the benefits of microneedling, dermal fillers, and facial injections in one! In this treatment, 24-karat gold needles prick the surface layer of skin and deliver skin-refining treatments directly into the dermis layer underneath for long-lasting rejuvenation!
- Dermaplaning — This facial exfoliation treatment removes dead skills, peach fuzz, and other gunk to reveal your clear, bright skin underneath!
You can learn more about these facial treatments here.
Unlock Clearer, Brighter Skin Today
Now that you know more about microneedling, take the next step towards unlocking your best skin and self by scheduling a consultation with a Preveda esthetics specialist! We’ll meet with you to discuss your health, goals, and arrange a personalized treatment plan at our Asheville med spa. Connect with us to get started today!